An exciting position has become available for a full-time H.R. Assistant based in Preston. The successful candidate will earn £19,000-£21,000. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (4.30pm on Friday) with an hour for lunch.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a full generalist administrative support service to the H.R Department.
- HR knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft Office to include outlook and word.
- Excel skills and creation of spreadsheets using formula.
- Attention to Detail.
- Organisation Skills.
- Ability to write and create letters and employee briefings.
- Ability to use social media platforms for communication.
- CIPD Qualification or willing to study for this.
- GCSE’s in 5 subjects including English and mathematics.
- Worked in an environment where shifts are prominent.
- Worked in a manufacturing environment.
- Administration experience.
- Telephone experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of employment legislation.
- Use of a variety of social media platforms for engagement.
- Updating and organising personnel files.
- Full Payroll Service for the Weekly Employees.
- Tracking all absences and lateness using the HR software, ensuring appropriate steps are completed.
- Liaising and coaching Supervisors, to ensure management of absence is given the appropriate attention through to completion, using standard policies, processes, and templates.
- Input into the HR software of all employee absence information, ensuring that actions associated with the detail is processed and communicated appropriately for relevant action.
- Auditing HR information on a regular basis to ensure fairness, consistency, and trend analysis of information. Liaising with the appropriate departments to manage sufficiently through to completion.
- Responsible for the full recruitment campaign from communication with the agencies through to interviews and assessment.
- Arranging the relevant paperwork of a new starter. Contract of employments and offer letters.
- Responsible for the induction of new employees, including arranging new starter medicals, policy information and immigration compliance.
- Organisation and administration of the probationary review process for permanent employees which includes processing of paperwork, diary management and relevant input. Communication with the relevant Supervisors and departments.
- Understand and implement into the Company Policies and Procedures.
- Able to confidently advise and support Supervisors using relevant and current legislation regarding various employee relations issues.
- Minute taker in employee relations and other employee situations.
- Monitoring Labour turnover and sickness absence across the business.
- Understand and Comply with GDPR legislation.
- Involvement in the Employee Forum.
- Input actions associated with the Investors In People standard.
- Administrator of employee communication, ensuring all information is relevant and up to date.
- The ability to formulate ad-hoc letters to employees when required.
- Involvement in employee engagement activities.
- Coaching and information for supervisors regarding the performance management process.
- Involvement in the Occupational health remit.
- Responsible for external post.
Jonesco is a leading manufacturer of moulded plastic products, operating in three markets: commercial vehicle, fire protection and environmental protection. Jonesco is a market leader in several European countries as well as shipping to over 60 other countries worldwide. Based in Preston, Lancashire, the Jonesco group has a turnover of around £21m and employs around 165 employees, operating from a 4-acre manufacturing site and a 3.7-acre distribution site nearby. The subsidiary company, Jonesco Sarl based in Lille, distributes throughout France.
Why should you apply?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays including Christmas shut down.
- Additional annual leave purchase.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Free parking.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords:HR Advisor, HR Assistant, HR & Support, HR Advisor, HR Administrator, HR Admin, HR, Human Resource, Personnel