Pensions Data Assistant - 12-month Fixed Term Contract
£19,000/year dependent on skills and experience
Local Pensions Partnership Administration (LPPA) is an award-winning pension services business based in Preston, Lancashire. We support over 640,000 pension scheme members and their employers to understand their pension obligations, benefits, and retirement options. The emphasis is on delivering high service levels and operating efficiently.
To support the improvement of data quality and integrity through the investigation of bulk data anomalies and liaison with employers in respect of the public sector pension schemes administered by LPPA. To assist in the monthly processing and reconciliation of data received from scheme employers. This is a 12 month FTC to cover maternity leave.
- Manage your workload and task lists to ensure deadlines, data quality and performance targets are met
- Maintain member records to ensure all data and data entry is relevant and accurate, including but not restricted to active and deferred member changes
- Interfacing admissions (new starters), personal changes, changes of hours, scheme movements, notification of absence, opt outs, requesting transfers-in
- Investigate data anomalies effectively and promptly to support with the preparation of annual benefit statements and the actuarial valuation of the pension fund
- Liaise with employers as necessary to improve the quality of data
- Respond to member queries promptly both written and oral ensuring that service level targets and deadlines are met in this area
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines
- Communicate positively and participate in the sharing of knowledge with colleagues
- Develop an understanding of the current regulations and overriding legislation to improve knowledge
- Support service provision as appropriate undertaking other duties commensurate with the post
- Recent experience in a financial/administrative environment
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as being an effective team player, promoting positive behaviour and attitudes, working flexibly, whilst at all times developing and maintaining good working relationship within the team and the service as a whole
- Proven ability to undertake detailed mathematical calculations accurately
- Demonstrable ability to work accurately and to deadlines, including the ability to input data accurately
- Ability to use systems and processes relevant to pension payroll and pension administration
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels possessing excellent communication skills
- Commitment to providing a good customer service at all times
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel
- Maintain an understanding and actively support LPPA’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, including maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda and embedding good practice
- The salary for this role is a maximum of £19,000/year dependent on skills and experience
- We offer 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays and additional concessionary days). We operate on a 37-hour working week, with flexibility in working pattern for the right candidate
- As you would expect from a pension organisation LPPA offers employees access to an excellent pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- We have a friendly and sociable work culture whilst providing an environment of continuous personal and professional development to support employees in reaching their full potential
LPPA is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Pensions Data Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.
Other organisations may call this Finance Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Assistant, Data Support Assistant, Administrator, or Data Assistant.