Senior Electrical Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
SF Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support the continued rapid growth of the company, working with a multi-disciplined Design Team in a fast paced manufacturing environment. The engineer will be involved with the concept design of specialist bespoke systems for the Rail, Marine and Commercial industries. Along with the rest of the team, the engineer will ensure that all of the day to day requirements arising from the sales, production and fabrication departments are dealt with. The engineer is responsible for the electrical design and development of a range of projects, starting from the initial design, working to customer specifications', preparing designs for manufacture and seeing the product through to completion. The engineer will provide technical input into the business development and assist with future product development of existing and new products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To design and develop new products as required and to see them through to completion
- To design and develop enhancements to the existing product range.
- To support other departments where required on issues of a technical nature.
- Provide technical support to customer, which may involve site visits of both a national and international nature.
- The production of, and maintenance of technical documentation as required, including 3D CAD models, 2D CAD drawings, DXF files for laser cutting, bills of materials, technical specifications, test data etc.
- To ensure that the products meet mandatory legislation and customer specific legislation.
- Testing of products - installation, collecting results and analysing data - creation of test reports.
- At least 5 years' experience in Electrical Engineering within a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive use of electrical design software such as PCB design software.
- Extensive experience of PLC / Logic Relay Programming and control philosophies.
- Extensive experience of Control Systems / Panel Design.
- Extensive CAD background and be fully conversant with Solidworks 2D / 3D Modelling and AutoCAD 2D. Proficient MS Office user.
- A knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Although the role is largely electronics biased, previous experience in mechanical engineering would be beneficial.
- Minimum HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering or similar, however a degree is preferable.
If this role sounds of interest, please apply today with a copy of your updated CV.