SMT GB is a highly successful and industry leading full-service distribution company with a focus on providing specialist Volvo Construction Equipment for building, material handling, recycling and transport industries.
We now have an immediate requirement for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team in Duxford, South Cambridgeshire on an initial 6 month contract basis.
Working as part of a dynamic Finance and Accounts Payable team, the Accounts Payable Clerk will support the team by:
• Matching, checking and coding invoices
• Managing the Query inbox
• Managing several Supplier Accounts/ group billing accounts.
• Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
• Reconciliation of supplier statements and GL reconciliations
• Managing daily allocation of incoming receipts
Joining a busy yet hugely supportive and fun team this position requires someone with at least 1-2 years Accounts Payable Clerk/Assistant experience gained within a similar role and environment. You'll need to have great attention to detail, a proactive approach to your work, be a quick learner and someone motivated by taking on new tasks. In addition, you'll need to have:
• Self-organization & time management skills with a clear sense of urgency for key tasks
• A clear and confident communication style in person, on the phone and by email
• Computer literacy with strong Excel skills, plus experience of Microsoft Dynamics ideally
• Proficiency with accounting software
Applications will be processed quickly and interviews will be held within the next week. Should an offer be made, all candidates will be notified that the position has been filled