We are currently recruiting for a Painting & Coating Process Engineer.
Reporting into the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the main function of the position is to drive continuous improvement in the current paint and PDI line, ensuring a ‘no faults forward’ approach to rectification activities undertaken in an off-line process. Supporting the Launch Engineering team to help lessons learned from current into the new product.
Paint Process Engineering, understanding of:
* Coating chemistries (Specifically Epoxy and Polyurethane coatings)
* Paint application – robotic and critical application controls (knowledge of viscosity, temperature, atomisation, fluid delivery, film build, agitation, and 2 component mixing required)
* Paint testing process and procedures
* Coating defect troubleshooting and problem resolution.
* Drive improvement in Quality and Reliability of the product by enhancing relevant assembly and finishing processes working with People, material supply and assembly methods applied.
* Manage and process all Engineering Changes relating to a designated part of the production line.
* A key member of the Early Product Management team acting as Manufacturing support.
* Responsible for making sure the manufacturing design for assembly ethics are respected/understood during design reviews and helping to understand the impact on HPV (Hours Per Vehicle)