This high end Window and Door installation company is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic bespoke Timber Windows and Doors Sales person / 2D CAD windows & doors designer to join the team. They have been established for 23 years and manufacture and install premium quality bespoke and high specification timber sash windows, casement windows, French doors, front doors and sliding / folding doors incorporating matching period moulding detailing.
This role would be split between their head office in Mitcham CR4 and at the showroom In Wimbledon Park SW18. This position is ideal for a joiner / carpenter looking to take their next steps into a sales based role. Due to this a background in with timber windows and doors is essential
You will need to be well motivated, have a good work ethic as well as being a good problem solver.
The role requires a combination of good customer facing skills as well as technical and administrative skills and you would require a good eye for detail.
You would deal directly with sales enquiries from prospective domestic residential clients from the website and in person at the showroom.
This role would include producing quotations using Word and Excel and you would also be producing 2D CAD drawings using specialist Joinerysoft CAD design package (In house training will be provided).
The successful candidate would need to be social media literate and as the role would include updating the company Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages.
Your role would include organising the time and dates for the quotations / surveys in coordination with the production and office managers who can help when required to book these mutually convenient survey dates.
You would be carrying out the final surveys to gather the final dimensions and finer details for production purposes and once approved and signed off by the client process these timber window and door orders into the production process.
You would then prepare the "workshop" Production drawings for the joiners to manufacture the items including producing cutting lists and information to download to their CNC window machine.
- Meeting the clients and carrying out the timber window and door surveys to get all the necessary measurements and component / ironmongery details
- Liaising with the client to make sure that what they are producing is exactly what they want
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate joiners and workshop staff and the site installers to meet tight deadlines, and act decisively when required
- Checking and negotiating the best possible price on materials when placing purchase orders so this is within budget and ensuring the materials arrive on time
- Good communication skills including liaising with Production manager to coordinate installation dates and when booking / communicating with clients
- Salary of £30,000 to £40,000 p/a
- Use of company vehicle
- Profit Related Bonus
- Work Place Pension