Role: Survey Assistant (Water sector)
Type: Full time – 40 hrs pw (Monday to Friday between 0800 and 1700 with flexibility
required to do additional hours and nights)
Location: Clevedon, Bristol
Salary: £national minimum wage plus benefits and increase on completion of training
RPS is looking for a confined space assistant where you will use your developing expertise to work as part of a site survey team to gather survey data across a range of above and below-ground sewer assets. Your purpose will be to enable the safe entry and exit of a survey operative, under the guidance of a team leader, to a confined space, and to safeguard their wellbeing during survey operations.
Key Responsibilities include;
* Being alert and always focussed on safety
* Following instructions and guidance to solve problems that matter
Your skills and experience:
* Able to follow instructions
* Work well as part of a team
* A continuous improvement mind-set
* Focussed on delivering excellent customer service
* A flexible approach to working hours to ensure absolute delivery, as a team, for our clients - this will involve working away from home from time to time, early morning starts from time to time and occasionally working at night.
* Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
* Physically able to undertake all duties required (lifting/carrying etc.)
* Commitment to working safely with good health and safety awareness
* The desire to develop within a team-orientated environment
* Basic written, verbal, numerical and IT skills
* Full UK driving licence
What we offer you
We will give you the opportunity to work with some of the best talent in this industry. We offer you a work environment that encourages collaboration and clever thinking – to drive solutions-based outputs that deliver sustainable benefit for our clients, their projects and the environment. We also actively create global mobility opportunities for our talented people, enabling us to deliver interconnected sectors and services, and make RPS a great place to do great work.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 20 days holiday + bank holidays, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and our brand new BenefitHub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards.
RPS is committed to investing in you and your career development and progression so we don’t mind how much experience you have - we will train you on everything you need to be successful in this role and beyond.
* RPS Induction Course
* Confined Space Entry
* Working in the Highway (NRSWA unit 2)
* EUSR relevant qualifications
* All role specific training
* On-the-job training and development
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with over 4,600 people. We benefit from the scale of business that allows us to work on large and/or exciting projects and, at the same time, we retain the local presence in our markets which fosters positive engagement with our clients. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy