Our clients are part of a joint venture for the HS2 and are currently looking to appoint an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor for a certain section of the project.
About the project
The HS2, N1/ N2 project covers the northern 90km section of Phase 1 of the overall HS2 scheme to provide a new high-speed rail connection between London and the North of England.
SB3 are a joint venture incorporating two ground engineering contractors and are appointed by two main contractors to deliver the geotechnical works required along the approximately 90km of route from Leamington Spa to Lichfield.
The works comprises extensive geotechnical works including:
* Circa. 9km of Diaphragm Walls at 9 individual structures.
* 28No. Secant/ contiguous structures totalling 150,000 lin. m of piling
* Plunge Columns, Tension Piles, Ground Anchors, Soil Nails and Ground Improvement.
* Has a good knowledge of and adheres to the Company’s GMCEs, BMS and other governance
Business and Customer Awareness
* Ability to mitigate potentially damaging situations
* Communicate the good things Cost
* Applies principles of cost management & elemental cost analysis including life cycle implications where required
* Recognises and understands cost sensitive areas
* Undertakes risk analysis in the context of construction
* Manage the preparation of Target Costs
* Reviews progress of the project against the various programmes
* Preparation of delay and disruption programmes
* Monitors & controls critical elements of the process
* Report and explain the commercial progress to senior project staff
* Cost Planning and pre-contract cost control
* Manages commercial aspects with Customer and Stakeholders for their area of responsibility
* Evaluate and negotiate tenders including Subcontractors and suppliers
* Assess and identify risks and opportunities as part of risk management
* Manages customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility
* Risk and opportunity analysis
* Undertakes benchmarking exercises & sets / monitors Performance indicators (KPI)
* Maximises digital opportunities
The following qualifications are essential:
* BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
* Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
* Strategic change Management
* Business and Customer Awareness
* Manages customer needs
Manages opportunities & threats