Health and Safety Consultant
Are you a Health and Safety professional looking to further your career?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a health and safety consultant to join our team. You will be required to carry out risk assessments, audits, deliver H&S packages, inspections, accident investigations and deliver training where necessary. You will be mentored by health and safety professionals in this role, helping you further your career within health and safety. This role is field-based and will require you to visit client sites around East Anglia and the London area, with the occasional overnight stays.
You will be a highly organised, multi skilled health and safety consultant, Ideally NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate qualified and hold IOSH status (or be willing to work towards this). You will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), coupled with the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships. You will have a highly adaptable approach and will be computer literate with the ability to gain a good grasp on bespoke systems.
* You will produce risk assessments, safe systems of work, method statements and policies, carrying out site audits & inspections,
* You will carry out accident investigations, analyse trends, produce reports and aid in the preparation of a legal defence if required,
* You will be required to aid in the securing of new and retention of existing health & safety business,
* You will devise, develop and deliver risk management strategies for assigned clients and act in support of clients assigned to your colleagues,
* You will devise and deliver training to colleagues, clients and deliver technical support to colleagues, clients,
* Represent the Company and clients when dealing with enforcing authorities and insurance companies,
* You will conduct liability surveys and produce associated reports / risk recommendations, for example; Asbestos Surveys.
* Candidates will ideally have solid and proven experience working in a similar role within risk management and health and safety,
* You will be NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate qualified and hold Tech/Grad IOSH status (or be willing to work towards this).
* You will be able to drive and willing to travel, covering East and South East England with the occasional overnight stays,
* You will be able to build and maintain client and stakeholder relationships coupled with being highly organised with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
* You will be very competent using MS suite and able to pick up new bespoke systems quickly,
* You will be passionate around delivery of results and service.
Full Job Description available on request