Purchase Ledger Clerk
Responsible for the typical day to day accounting processing of Purchase Ledger Invoices and assisting with the processing of Sales Ledger Invoices, which will include administering the Purchase Ledger mailbox and the Team’s Invoicing Spreadsheet and other adhoc duties.
Processing of Purchase Invoices
* To ensure all Purchase Invoices/Credit Notes received into the Purchase Ledger mailbox have an authority stamp and bank details
* To update the Team’s spreadsheet’s confirming receipt of the Purchase invoice/Credit Notes
* To process all invoices/credit notes received into the Purchase Ledger mailbox
* To process all overhead invoices ready for the weekly BACS run.
* All invoices to be processed on a daily basis.
Processing of Sales Invoices
* To assist Sales Ledger Clerk in the processing of Funder invoices.
* To assist the Sales Ledger Clerk in the processing of Buyback invoices
* All invoices to be processed on a daily basis
* To assist the Purchase Ledger in the creation of the daily payment run.
* To learn how to process the weekly BACS run.
* Invoices being paid daily.
* To Process the Dealer commission invoices and Maintenance invoices ready for the payment runs.
* Assist the Purchase Ledger Clerk with Dealer commission invoices
* Processed correctly in a timely manner.
* To assist Purchase Ledger in the checking of Dealer statements.
* To chase for Dealers for copy invoices as required.
* To ensure Ledger accuracy.
Person specification/ Skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including telephone skills
* Accuracy, honesty and attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure and to time limits and deadlines
* Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
* Excellent IT skills including MS Excel and Word
* Flexibility to deal with multiple Dealer/Customer accounts
* Able to work on their own and as part of a team
* Excellent Service Skills