Bearings System Engineer / Senior Mechanical Engineers. Our highly technical engineering client are at the forefront of clean energy and due to continued growth are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. The company are responsible for manufacturing the world’s most power dense and efficient high-speed electric motors.Reporting to the R&D Manager, this is a groundbreaking, challenging and rewarding role, that would suit an engineer experienced with running multiple projects within automotive or aerospace.
Company benefits include: sponsorship option, relocation package, flexi-hours, premium pension, free parking, share options, generous holiday entitlement, complimentary refreshments, training and progression.
What will you be doing?:
* Specifying specific bearing requirements based on overall product requirements.
* Produce Statements of works/requirements for possible bearing suppliers.
* Working with Rolling element, Foil air and Spiral groove type bearings.
* Design and analysis of new or an evolution of existing bearing system prototypes including working with other areas of engineering for system trade-offs.
* Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders including presentations, technical reviews, meetings.
* Planning and managing test programs to evaluate designs.
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with rolling element bearings.
* Knowledge of Hydrodynamic bearings is advantageous but not necessary.
* Experience of performing Rotordynamic Analysis.
* Proven successful projects involving bearing system design.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday permanent days with flexibility