Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position of Test Build Technician, contract
This role requires weekend working. The expectation is that the successful candidate would work a 5-day week, where two of these days would be Saturday and Sunday.
Purpose of the Job:
During the 6-month contract the Test Build Technician will directly support the expansion of Test Capacity and Capability through the build of new, and the modification of existing, Test Stands. This will include delivering electromechanical build projects, the maintenance and calibration of installed and portable equipment as well as troubleshooting issues and making proactive improvements.
Recruitment Brief – Key Responsibilities:
* Carry out build and upgrade works on Test Stands including mechanical fitting and wiring
* Fit and configure equipment and instrumentation to Test Stands
* Carry out maintenance on installed and portable equipment
* Provide support to Senior Test Stand Specialist with stand configuration management
* Follow company safety standards and report safety issues
Person Specification/Core Competencies:
This section describes the personal characteristics and behaviours that you will be required to demonstrate and fulfil to successfully deliver in the above role.
Career Experience – previously gained through undertaking and delivering various projects, key duties, achievements and knowledge
Experience of building systems involving at least one of either mechanical fitting or wiring.
* Experience of lab or industrial safety procedures
* Experience of working in a product development or research environment
* Industrial wiring, e.g. contactors, breakers, 3-hase.
* Digital electronics, e.g. diodes, transistors, PWM.
* Analogues electronics, e.g. resistors, inductors, capacitors, band pass filters.
Education, Training & Skills – Degree, A Levels and professional qualifications including subjects stud
ESSENTIAL Degree, A Levels and professional qualifications including subjects stud
* HNC level in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Engineering or similar.
* Mechanical or electrical fitting skills.
Competent user of MS Office packages
Strength, Talents, Abilities & Aptitudes – this section highlights the desired attributes that you will require to successfully deliver in this role
* Ability to read diagrams and schematics including mechanical, electrical, electronic and P&ID
* Enthusiasm and drive to deliver on time
* Organised and methodical
This 6-month contract role will be a five-day week to include Saturdays and Sundays
To hear more about this excellent company and opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss in more detail