Working as part of the production team this role is an integral part of the production processes ensuring the build and assembly of the machinery to customer specifications and to the required technical standards.
* Responsible for the machine build and the assembly of the customer machinery
* To assist with the testing of finished machinery
* Ensuring builds are worked within planned times for jobs and issues are escalated to the Works Manager if these deadlines are not going to be met
* Providing feedback to the Works Manager on any continuous process improvements which could be implemented
* To be able to use lathe, milling and grinding machinery for any remedial work
* Working in in line with company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety legislation, at all times
* To maintain high levels of site hygiene standards in accordance with company procedures.
* Supporting the department with any ad hoc project work and ongoing support work required for internal and external customers
* To ensure you follow safe working practices.
* To promptly report all accidents and incidents to your line manager.
* To ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained
* To adhere to relevant site rules, including quality procedures, safe systems of work and environmental controls
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
* Apprentice trained to City and Guilds, BTEC or NVQ Level 2
* Experience of working within a production environment within a machine building and assembly role
* Ability to listen to and follow instructions
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required