Metal CNC Machine Setter/Operator
Location: Houghton Regis
Working as part of the Components team, the purpose of this role is to set and operate the HAAS CNC milling and turning machines, ensuring they are working efficiently and producing the correct components, within the timescales required and to meet the customer requirements.
* Responsible for working with the HAAS CNC machinery to ensure the correct components are produced in line with the works orders and that all machinery is working to full capacity at all times
* Machine setting from scratch, selecting tooling and ensuring the correct setting and operating of the machinery
* Working in line with Company policies and procedures, including and Health and Safety legislation, at all times
* Supporting the department with any ad hoc project work and ongoing support work required for internal and external customers
* Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Health and Safety:
* To ensure you follow safe working practices.
* To promptly report all accidents and incidents to your line manager.
* To assist in accident investigations as necessary.
* To ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained.
* To adhere to relevant site rules, including quality procedures, safe systems of work and environmental controls.
* To maintain high levels of site hygiene standards in accordance with Company procedures.
Knowledge, skills and Experience:
* Experience of operating Metal cutting CNC mills and/or lathes
* Must be able to set and operate the machinery
* The ability to read and understand technical drawings
* Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required