Central Employment are currently looking for a number of Logistics Operatives to work in a busy automotive manufacturer based in Washington. Due to recent growth, the company are looking to recruit operators to eventually take on permanent. Previous experience within an automotive environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
The candidate must demonstrate;
* Flexbility to work shifts and overtime as and when required
* Must have the ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly
* Able to work to tight targets and deadlines
* A Reach Fork Lift Licence (essential)
* Counterbalance Fork Lift Licence (desirable)
* Be a team player
* Operating within the warehouse and yard area; performing assignments as per standard practice within allocated times to achieve targets set out by Team Leaders/Supervisors.
* Operating a variety of manual handling equipment.
* Feeding fast moving production lines efficiently, following instructions, processes and guidelines in place.
* Loading and unloading trailers/vehicles.
* Decanting parts.
* Manual Handling and heavy lifting.
* Use of hand-held scanners and SAP.
* Stock counting and FIFO (first-in-first out) in accordance with internal procedures.
* Carries out all TPM requirements within logistics.
* Training of new personnel.
* Adhere to safe working practises at all times, working to HSE and environmental prectises
* Maintain a clean and tidy work area; working to and promoting 5S. Involvement in 5S improvements/projects, including painting of areas where necessary.
* To communicate between Team Leaders/ATL’s and all other departments.
* Understand work based instructions, emergency procedures and safety standards.
* Adheres to company policies and procedures.
* Carry out any additional responsibilities which may be necessary for the proper performance of the role.
3 shift (7am-3pm/3:30pm-11:30pm/11pm-7am)
2 shift (7am-3pm/3:30pm-11:30pm)
* Overtime is available and is paid at time and a half.
* Double time is available on Friday nights and Sundays.
* Average working hours are 39 hours per week depending on shift pattern before overtime.
* These roles are permanent positions with great chance of progression within the company.
Please apply online (attaching your CV) as soon as possible. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each application individually, please be assured that we will contact all applicants selected for interview in due course.
Central Employment are an equal opportunities Employer