We are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work on a long term contracrt basis for a machine building compnay located in the Leeds, West Yorkshire area.
• Provide design support for our existing range of equipment.
• Design and detail new equipment using your own knowledge and experience support new designs with assembly information.
• Provide detailed bought out part lists to the procurement department.
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and design with efficient machining in mind liaise with manufacturing on a regular basis.
• Maintain drawing records, and ensure accurate information is available for machine manuals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
• Time served Mechanical Engineer ONC/HNC/degree level in Mechanical engineering
• Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
• A conscientious and flexible attitude to work.
• Able to work under own initiative, and solve problems without support.
• Successful communicator with overlapping disciplines e.g. electrical, fitting and manufacturing departments.
The will be paid a basic rate of between £35.00 to £45.00 / hour (depending on experience), plus outstanding benefits