Deputy Nursery Manager
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per year dependant on experience, Full-time, Permanent
- 30 days holiday post probation
- Access to dedicated training and development
- Free daily lunch freshly cooked by our onsite chef
- Supportive working environment with a welcoming team.
Our client Nursery is growing, and they are looking for the best Early Years talent to join them. They are a 90-place nursery that opened in 2019. They believe their team have one of the most important jobs in the world – they are creating free thinking adults of the future and aspire to support children to be happy, inquisitive, and confident learners. They provide each child with opportunities to develop their individual interests and characteristics and make exceptional progress from the start of their learning journey to when they leave the Nursery.
Looking for an inspiring and experienced Deputy Manager who wants to influence the vision and direction of the nursery. The role requires the individual to hit the ground running and take the nursery to great heights through quality and innovation with a strong desire to make change and always aspire to do better. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic with a positive attitude, possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and can build a strong, supportive relationships with children, parents, and staff. Looking for someone with passion, who is motivated to go the extra mile to ensure the children in the nursery have the best possible early years’ experience whilst they are in attendant. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is seeking a unique working environment and is keen to add value from the start.
- To have collaborative responsibility for shaping the vision and direction of the nursery, setting out very high expectations with a clear focus on children’s achievement.
- To support the supervision and management of all staff, ensuring staff ratios are always met and ensuring staff development by undertaking effective support, supervision and appraisal. To encourage the staff to have access to ongoing professional development and are supported.
- To support the manager of the nursery to achieve and maintain high occupancy rates.
- To lead the staff team, ensuring children are provided with a safe, caring and stimulating environment in accordance with local authority and Ofsted requirements.
- To be responsible for safeguarding, acting as lead person for child protection matters and ensuring that appropriate and timely referrals are made to the Local Authority teams, to protect children at all times. To be responsible for the health and safety of the nursery
- To work as an integral member of the staff team, passing on specialist knowledge to others and acting as a role model of good practice.
- To inspire, motivate and influence staff, actively promoting strong reflective practice by staff that is underpinned by a range of early year’s theoretical frameworks.
- To be responsible for the work of others, ensuring the delivery of a well-planned, caring and stimulating environment both inside and outside.
- To support opportunities to develop parent partnerships, this may include working weekends to host events.
- To initiate monitoring procedures to maintain high standards of planning, observation, and assessment.
- Be bold enough to think outside the box
- Embrace the settings approach inspired by Reggio Emilia, Waldorf Steiner and Maria Montessori
- Have a creative edge to develop inspiring play spaces
- Work a flexible shift pattern within nursery opening hours (7am – 7pm)
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum Level 3 Childcare qualification (higher qualification in Early Years is desirable)
- Previous management experience in a nursery setting (minimum 2 years)
- Outstanding knowledge of the EYFS, Ofsted regulations and safeguarding guidelines
- Passion for delivering outstanding learning for children and professional development for staff.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.