We have an exciting opportunity for a Bar Supervisor to join our highly successful team here at Firmdale Hotels. It will be your responsibility to assist with the day to day operation of the bar, liaising with senior management and team members to ensure that the highest level of customer service is being delivered and the expectations of our guests are being consistently exceeded.
Essential Key Skills
• Previous experience as a Bar Supervisor or Head Bartender in a fast paced, luxury venue
• Excellent understanding of mixology, wines and spirits
• Strong communication skills, enabling you to effectively communicate with the other departments of the hotel
• Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standards
• Capable of motivating a team through training and solid leadership
• Exceptional personal presentation
• Resilience and drive to get things right first time
Duties and Responsibilities
• Run daily operation of the bar and the bar floor
• Brief the team on the daily cocktail, juice and smoothie of the day
• Deliver training sessions on service standards and product knowledge
• Shift handover reports
• Cashing up
• Monitor sales and standards of upselling delivered
• Have a good command of the bar menu and wine list to deliver recommendations to the guests
• Assist the Bar Manager with stock take and ordering
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.