Food & Beverage Assistant / Catering Assistant - Part-time - (£11k) - SW/Central London
This is an opportunity for a Food & Beverage / Catering Assistant, to join this amazing private care home / village for the elderly. This is a well known insitute with royal connections, offering a village setting in vast grounds and facilities to its residents, which include vast gardens, cafe, restaurants, bar, gym, etc. They have a part-time vacancy available, where you will be assisting the kitchen with plating up and presentation, taking the meals to the pensioners with a smile and empathy towards their needs. You will also be involved in the large events that take place in their grounds from time to time.
- £11,306 (part-time - 20 hours per week)
- Excellent benefits
- Part-time Hours = 5 out of 7 on a rota basis, working 6am to 10am and 12pm to 4pm shift pattern
- Central/South West London
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Prepare serving and dining areas according to specific directions and layout plans established by the catering manager.
- Prepares food in an attractive and appetizing way according to the Sous Chef’s directions.
- Prepare and deliver all refreshments and meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Addresses immediate Pensioner concerns, questions and needs in order to provide an optimal experience.
- Ensure that communications between the kitchen and service staff are clear and that all request are dealt with efficiently and timely.
- To continuously improve the standards of service to all Pensioners / Residents by suggesting methods to improve the dining experience.
- To create a daily report on wastage after each meal from all the wards.
- To liaise with the Head Chef on a daily basis to make any amendments and improve the service. You will be the main link between the service staff and the kitchen.
- Work closely with housekeeping department to ensure the staffs are trained and following all procedures for the delivery of the food.
- Experience in a similar role, with an empathetic, professional and friendly manner
- Knowledge of basic food preparation techniques
- As the main communicator between the pensioners and kitchen, you will need to be a good communicator
- Reliable and customer focused
- Able to comply with current legislation with regards to Food Hygiene,
- Ability to work well with other team members and to follow directions from supervisors