The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient running and profitability of the restaurant and for managing the employees.
You are expected to be the 'face’ of the restaurant with responsibilities to guarantee that the best customer service is provided by the entire team, to include checking food quality coming out of the kitchen to ensure it’s the best it can be, as well as leading the floor and bar staff in how to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction every single time.
As a leader of a large team, the RM is expected to be a role model for all members of staff, to lead by example and to generate a positive and friendly working environment for all.
--- THE POSITION ---
- Responsible for: Head Chef, shift managers, bar managers, kitchen staff, floor staff & bar staff
- Budget Responsibilities: Ensuring that money is appropriately apportioned on all consumables and stock required for the efficient running of the restaurant, and that best price to quality ratio is achieved. Manage a budget pertaining to the ongoing maintenance of the restaurant to ensure that it falls in line with maximizing profitability
for the company without compromising on efficiency or quality of output.
- Leadership in all aspects of service to ensure it runs smoothly and without conflict and that the overall customer experience is delivered with excellence to the best ability of the entire team
- Prior experience as a Restaurant Manager within a fast-paced restaurant
- Eagerness to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- A creative approach with impeccable attention to detail
--- PREREQUISITES FOR THE ROLE ---
- Previous experience as an Restaurant Manager overseeing multiple restaurants in the premium casual dining space, along with some relevant brand expansion experience
- A hospitality led, people first view to running restaurants, along with a willingness to take a hands-on approach to the role
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations
- A good understanding of leading London restaurants
- Willingness to lead by example and get involved in the day-to-day operations of individual sites where required
- Prior experience with stock, EPoS, HR, reservations and delivery systems.
--- THE GROUP ---
Berber & Q restaurant group currently includes Berber & Q Grill House (E8), Shawarma Bar (EC1), and Carmel (NW6).
Our menus take inspiration from pretty much anywhere we can find it, but with a bias towards the ingredients and flavours of the Middle East, North Africa and across the Ottoman. We favour vegetables as much as meat and fish, we like our wines natural and our cocktails with a kick.
We cook over live fire because it makes food taste better. We love simple, honest cooking with loud colours and big, bold flavours. This also comes across in our laid-back hospitality and our unique atmospheric settings, both of which will welcome you when you open our doors.
Our goal over the next few years is to play an integral part in the growing London restaurant scene and this is a very exciting time to join the team.