Marks Sattin are delighted to be working with a fantastic business in Bradford who are looking to recruit a Group Accountant to join there finance function.
Reporting to the Group Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, the Group Accountant- FP&A works closely with the group's divisions on driving, monitoring and analysing effective business performance in addition to involvement in group management accounts and externally-focused reporting such as the group's Annual Report.
The role includes:
- Working alongside the Group Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to prepare and develop the bi-annual group consolidated budget model.
- Develop rolling forecast process and investigate risks and opportunities.
- Develop monthly budget analysis pack.
- Working with the Group divisions to drive efficiencies and accurate forecasting and providing analysis and challenge on the assumptions, and reporting into Group Finance to share knowledge.
- Assisting with the production of the Group Board papers.
- Providing support and guidance to the divisional finance and operations teams on budgeting and financial planning and analysis.
- Improve governance.
- Assistance with the group management accounts, including investigation of variances to budget and review of divisional management accounts submissions.
- Calculation of quarterly banking covenants and transfer pricing.
- Involvement in the Annual Report including review and analysis of narrative and financial statements.
- Review of PRA reporting.
- Verification of daily banking when required.
- Develop relationships with divisional finance teams across the group.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant accounting qualification - (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience in a Financial Planning and Analysis role or experience in a group accounting role looking to broaden experience;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Experience working on and developing budgeting/financial forecasting model would be advantageous;
- Strong drive and ambition for personal development and career success;
- Flexibility and ability to commit the time required to get the job done;
- A calm and positive approach towards multiple demands and stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a large, forward thinking business. The successful candidate will have proven experience within a similar role, be confident, flexible and adaptable with the ability to work on their own initiative and to tight timescales.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits, genuine opportunities for fast track career progression and will work as part of a team that encourages individual ideas and innovation, which is integral in supporting the business through its ongoing development.
WHMSYORKS REF: 16891168