Offering a friendly and rewarding working environment, meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people and a range of benefits, YMCA Norfolk are looking for a number of Nursery Room Leads to support the new Muddy Puddles nursery, catering for children aged from 2 months to 5 years.
As the leading provider of childcare in the voluntary sector, YMCA Norfolk are passionate about offering a positive environment where all children feel secure and valued, and believe in promoting each child’s strengths to help them to love themselves and others.
We have a number of Room Lead positions available.
About the Nursery, Muddy Puddles:
In April 2021 YMCA Norfolk opened Muddy Puddles, an Ofsted-registered nursery based at our brand-new multi-service community centre on Aylsham Road, also featuring a Community Café and a Soft Play centre.
Our nursery provides a tailored childcare setting that creates a safe, empowering, interactive environment for its learners. We will offer bespoke education to each child, through a positive reinforcement approach to early years’ development.
Role responsibilities for the Nursery Room Leads:
- Deliver a range of creative and developmental nursery activities within your allocated room which suit the children’s stages of development
- Supervise all members of your team
- Ensure you and your team maintain close supervision of the children in your care (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes
- Record development and progress in individual portfolios and weekly diaries for each child
- Following the EYFS framework and Nursery policy, lead your team in creating and maintaining a stimulating and attractive environment
- Develop positive trusting relationships with parents/carers, encouraging them to be actively involved in nursery life
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children and nappy changing/toilet areas
- Ensure that at snack and mealtimes, dietary requirements are safely met and communicate any new dietary requirements to the Nursery catering provider and room staff
- Commit to developing a multicultural, non-judgemental environment for children to thrive within
- Ensure the children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is fostered appropriately
- Ensure that room registers, signing in/out sheets, children’s nappy charts, diaries and progress charts are maintained
- Liaise with the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager when planning staff rotas and breaks
- Ensure you and your team strictly adhere to the nursery’s behaviour management policy and procedures, promoting positive behaviour always
- A qualification in childcare level 3 or above, and an excellent knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and other curriculum
- Up to 2 years post qualification experience of working with children in early years nursery provision and in supervising a team
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards and experience of inspections
- Working knowledge of current safeguarding procedures, childcare legislation, national standards and frameworks
- A full driving licence with own transport
- Able to be a reliable member of a team, working cooperatively and with flexibility and contributing positively to the development of a team environment
- A positive approach to the management of children’s behaviour
- Excellent understanding of cultural diversity in the local area
- Interpersonal skills with good written and verbal communication skills
Terms of Role and Benefits:
- £9.69 per hour
- Up to 38 hours per week (There is a requirement to work occasional evenings)
- 33 days Annual Leave per annum inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays, pro-rata for part-time hours
- Satisfactory references and satisfactory DBS check
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities
- Staff awards to celebrate successes
- Death in service benefit of 2x annual salary
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café and Williams Kitchen
Closing Date: Friday 30th July 2021 at 9.00am
Previous applicants need not apply.