Think Accountancy and Finance are pleased to be working with a Global organisation based within the Langley area. This leading company are looking for a Commercial Manager to join one of their divisions within the business.
This opportunity would suit a candidate with previous experience within a similar role, someone who has experience of managing people, as well as someone who is very analytical with strong Excel skills.
You will be a key contact and controller in relation to the overall planning and coordination of the commercial pricing strategy for the Business. You will implement pricing plans and processes to understand customer needs.
Experience within logistics/freight forwarding/airline industries is desirable but not essential.
Salary - £45,000-48,000pa
Some of the main duties will include:
- Responsible for the tracking and preparation of weekly and monthly margin analysis reports and revenue forecasts
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of pricing requests
- Advising on and making recommendations for pricing decisions
- Implement tools, procedures and databases to systemise the pricing process, profitability analysis, benchmarking and price simulation
- Contribute to and support the tender process
- Analysis of sales and other related reports that give insight into how the company can adjust to improve performance
- Examine profitability and rate levels for existing and potential business and pricing and provide management reports
- Active engagement with industry sectors by identifying and managing tender, bid and related opportunities
- Cross-functional communication and engagement, building and maintaining key relationships across the business
- Resolves issues with contracts and commercial operations alongside working effectively with account managers
- Provides leadership and coaching to direct reports and develops yearly departmental goals
The suitable candidate:
- 3-5 years experience within a similar position including managing people
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent numerical skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to drive and manage performance
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Active knowledge of related industry standards, process and guidelines
- Understands key cost drivers within operations and controls stakeholders accordingly
- Good time management skills
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.