An exciting position has become available for a full-time experienced Bookkeeper based in Northchurch, near Berkhamsted.
The successful candidate will work 37.5 hours a week and will earn £22,000 - £25,000depending on experience. The role offers a structured reward scheme with the potential to earn an annual bonus and yearly pay increases.
It is essential for the successful candidate to have previous experience in Bookkeeping and completing VAT Returns.
With multiple offices covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Hants and beyond, this role is best suited to someone who is prepared to learn new skills, embrace personal development, and is willing to take on new challenges whilst supporting team members and considering business needs.
Essential Role Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in completing VAT Returns.
- VAT Returns (Bookkeeping).
- Monthly and weekly Payroll along with associated journals.
- Year-end Accounts preparation.
- Ensuring clients’ needs are consistently met with queries effectively resolved, jobs completed on-time and to the expected standards.
Highly Desirable Experience (not essential)
- Exposure to different business structures (i.e. sole trader, partnership and limited company).
- 2 years’ experience working within an Accountancy Practice.
- Experience in completing year-end Accounts to trial balance.
Our client is a family-run business delivering proven accountancy, tax and business development services with offices based in Wingrave (Bucks) and Northchurch (Hertfordshire).
Their team of highly experienced Accountants and Business Consultants provide their customers with the resources, advice and support required to achieve long-term profitability and success.
- Family – spending valuable time with family is highly encouraged, for both clients and team members. Our client respects the need for a healthy work life balance.
- Fairness – their reciprocal approach to fairness ensures they build relationships based on honest communication and trust.
- Fun – the team enjoy what they do, and they strive to build an environment that complements the friendly, motivated, and respectful team and client base.
- Focus – supported by their determination to succeed for the team, the business and their clients, their focused approach ensures they deliver results.
Why should you apply?
- Opportunities for professional qualifications with associated training and support programs.
- Structured achievable KPI and review led annual bonus and pay review scheme.
- Benefits include 28 days holiday including bank holidays with an additional 1-day for every year of service added up to 5 years.
- Pension scheme
- The chance to join a well-established company.
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team.
- To showcase your knowledge and experience.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button.
Keywords: Bookkeeper, Assistant Accountant, Accountancy, VAT Returns, Payroll, Accounts, VAT, Bookkeeping, PAYE