An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to work within anaccounts team of a Car Dealership
Start Date ASAP
Kerridge or Pinnacle Computer Software Experience is highly desirable,
Main Purpose of Role: Purchase/Sales Ledger, Cashier, Postings, Reconciliation's.
- Match, Batch and Code Invoices and to support all aspects of the Accounts function within the dealership
- Banking and allocation of receipts, sales and vehicle ledger, reconciliation.
- Ensuring all dealership payments are received and processed in line with company standards.
- Process accounts paperwork on a daily basis and distributed to relevant managers for authorisation.
- Ensure suppliers invoices are promptly processed in accordance with deadlines and company procedures in respect of authorisation.
- Reconcile all supplier's statements on a monthly basis and request copies of outstanding invoices and make payments in accordance with agreed payment terms.
- Ensure all receipts are accurately recorded, processed and banked in accordance with company procedures.
- Process all credit references for new customers in accordance with company procedures.
- Produce clients statements each month and ensure these are sent to them within 24 hours.
- File records daily to ensure ease of access when required.
- Provide information to the dealer accountant regarding any problems which might adversely affect the production of monthly accounts.
Skills & Attitude
- Must be self-organised and able to produce accurate work in a timely manner
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work as an individual or team member
- Good communication skills at all levels, both internal and external
- Knowledge of Word and Excel