Based in Cardiff, our client is looking for a Financial Accountant to commit to a 6 month contract
Purpose of the Role
• To assist the Finance Manager in delivering best in class finance support through the provision of accurate and efficient reporting, journal preparations with administration of robust controls and processes.
Overview of Responsibilities
• Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring these are documented and supported for audit.
• Accounting for prepayments, accruals, provisions and payroll.
• Accurate and timely cost categorisation and reporting.
• Liaising with payroll and production to ensure all labour allocations are submitted, processed and reconciled.
• Liaise with intercompany trading partners to ensure full visibility and reconciliation of recharges.
• Preparing calculations for other income invoicing.
• Assisting with the preparation and submission of HMRC returns.
• Assisting with internal/external audit queries as requested.
• Development, preparation and presentation of KPIs.
• Assist with system and process maintenance with the aim of continuous improvement.
• Support the Finance Team during high workload and tight deadlines.
• Ad hoc reporting and projects as requested by Management.