Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Due to significant growth anticipated across the company over the next five years, we have identified the need to hire a Data Governance Manager. In this newly created role, you’ll report into the Data Strategy & BPO Director and will play a key role in delivering our new data strategy and ensuring that the business recognises the impact that quality data can have on our growth plans. This is a business focussed role, where you'll be expected to convey technical issues to senior stakeholders in laymans terms.
A core focus will be on the implementation of a practical and actionable Data Governance Framework that improves quality, master data management, integration and business process.
What We Offer:
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential:
Benefits and Perks
- Ranked 62nd in 'The UK's 100 Best Large Companies to Work For 2021’.
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support 'The Race at Work Charter’, 'Ban the Box’, 'The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are 'Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression.
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days.
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet and being carbon neutral.
- Free gym access.
- Nursery Vouchers.
- Cycle to work, Travel loans.
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app.
- Share Options, 2 x salary Death in Service cover.
How We Work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our environment. Together, we’re stronger.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Creation of policies covering data privacy, security, quality, availability and retention to enforce the required controls across the business, ensuring ownership begins with senior stakeholders.
- Collaboration across Ground Control and working with individual businesses units to implement the principles of data governance framework and core components within.
- Identifying and influencing individuals to become Data Officers and Data Stewards.
- Engagement with stakeholders to improve data quality by understanding the Critical Success Factors (CSF) of all business units and implementing appropriate regimes to maintain standards.
- Data quality metrics will be developed and managed - essential for the ongoing improvement programmes.
- Utilisation and development of effective Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions that minimises the need for manual data processes.
- You will provide leadership and have an active influence in the learning and development journeys of the Data Governance sub team.
Who We’re Seeking:
- Significant experience in a similar role and have implemented data governance frameworks previously.
- Demonstrable experience of writing policy and the capability to influence senior stakeholders.
- A passion for data and the ability to spot when it is poor quality. You’ll want to continuously improve standards.
- Strong communication skills and the ability influence key stakeholders to your way of thinking.
- Experience of supervising and developing junior staff.
- A values centric individual, who understands our purpose of Caring for our Environment and wants to positively contribute to our continued growth.
Ground Control is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all. We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s and the Tower of London to name a few.
We have ambitious plans, Join Us!