We are currently recruiting for an experienced Continual Improvement Engineer (Machining) for our client, who specialise in engineering high precision components for high profile contracts, including the Automotive industry.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the role will be focused on improving machining efficiencies. In a high volume, fast paced Automotive manufacturing company it is essential to drive cost reductions throughout the site.
As a Continual Improvement Engineer (Machining), your duties will be:
- Program and re-program a multitude of machine tools.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Provide training to setters and operators on improved machines/ processes.
- Create related documentation for comparison of existing processes and implementation of new innovations.
- Design & re-design tooling & product related equipment.
- Liaise with suppliers to optimise tooling, quality, and machine performances.
An ideal Continual Improvement Engineer (Machining) will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Must have CNC turning experience as this is essential.
- Full working knowledge of Edgecam turning software - including post processor creation.
- Experience/ qualification in CAD package.
- Experience of Fanuc CNC controls.
- Ability to fully test improvements.
- Must be hands on.
- Work well under pressure and achieve results that can be measured in cost and efficiency.
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary of up to £35,000 pa.
- 24 days holiday per annum PLUS bank holidays.
- Fantastic pension scheme.