We are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Engineer for our client who specialise in engineering high precision components for high profile contracts, including the Automotive industry.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be part of an existing, highly experienced fast-moving department on an international scale. You will be required to work as a key team player, with direction and motivation being given to achieve internal and external quality expectations to automotive standards.
As a Quality Engineer, your duties will be:
- Managing key customer concerns: Structured problem solving, working closely with Process Engineers with regard to 8D ownership from start to speedy resolution.
- PPAP completion from initial project start into production.
- Internal defect assessment & reduction.
- Performing and reporting MSA studies.
- Dealing with customers and suppliers and liaising accordingly.
- Auditing to TS/ IATF- Systems, Process, Product, Supplier.
- Supporting continuous improvement projects.
- Production support as a priority.
An ideal Quality Engineer will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Must be minimum HNC/HND qualified engineer or time served professional with the minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar Quality Engineer role within automotive or aerospace.
- Experience in resolving issues in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment working to sub-0.005mm tolerances.
- Must have good understanding of Six Sigma methodology.
- Understanding of Minitab software would be ideal.
- Good understanding of IATF (TS) 16949/ ISO 9001 requirements, AS9000 beneficial.
- Full understanding of FMEA, APQP, PPAP, Control Plans & Quality Standards to AIAG guidelines & IATF (TS) requirements.
- Must be computer literate.
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary of up to £35,000 pa.
- 24 days holiday PLUS bank holidays.
- Excellent pension scheme.