Description & About Us....
Are you a level headed problem solver with an eye for detail? Do you have experience in project management? If the answer is yes, this role could be just what you are looking for. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a reputable organisation who are looking for an ambitious, resilient and talented individual to join the team. Based at our head office in Rochdale, we require a Translation Project Coordinator with a background in project coordination and/or recruitment with strong inter-personal skills.
EMPIRE GROUP is on a mission to revolutionize the translation & interpretation industry. Since, its establishment in 2001, the company is providing professional interpreters mostly to public sector organizations in the UK. We have been supplying interpreting and translation services local and nationwide covering 200 core languages and dialects throughout the UK. To date our 20,000+ strong work force of face-to-face interpreters speak over 435 languages and dialects as well as rare and exotic languages. Our 1,000+ translators are all UK based with a cover for over 200 languages which can be translated to and from English. We have robust systems to manage our pool of translators and interpreters across the country.
Our Vision: "To become the UK’s leading provider of translation, interpreting and related services for the public and private sectors."
Our Mission: "To provide outstanding services that bridge the language barrier while respecting and celebrating cultural diversity."
We value: PEACE - People -> Ethical Conduct -> Assured Excellence -> Clients -> Equality & Diversity
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the project, including: planning, management, quality control, booking, timetabling and reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding and correct use of the management system to ensure correct, cost-efficient and timely delivery of each project
- You will be responsible for the entire life-cycle of all projects assigned to the individual which includes coordinating with internal requesters and external vendors to guarantee on-time, high-quality delivery of content
- Preparing documents ready for translators, ensuring the best project preparation, workflow and set up
- Liaising with linguists and scheduling them for projects
- Assisting in project quality assurance and delivery along with the project manager in line with style guides and glossaries
- Understand and abide by individual project instructions and identify the resource required to deliver the project
- Liaison with internal language technology team to ensure most efficient use of translation technology
- Swift resolution of issues arising throughout the translation process.
- Layout checking of documents/PDF
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls from Customers and Translators
- Producing quotes in a timely manner upon customer request
- You will develop and foster positive client relationships
- You will liaise with clients, managing expectations and keeping them fully informed of the project progress and timescales.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with contract translators and proof-readers globally
- Updating and maintaining of supplier information on the database
- Co-operation with our Customer Service Team to ensure excellent customer service
- Recruitment of new translators including pre-qualification and rate negotiation
- Assist in maintaining the database of linguists
- Sourcing and qualifying linguists for the database/individual project
- You will manage and effectively meet financial targets.
- Assisting with cost estimates and budget analysis
- Provision of instructions to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of completed work
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in project management and/or recruitment
- BSc in Business Administration or related field
- MA or BA in Translations is advantageous
- APM PFQ, PMQ or PRINCE2 related qualification is a plus
- Have a good understanding of CAT tools and other DTP software
- Compliance to the ISO17001 Translation Management Standard
- Strong communicator with excellent inter-personal skills
- Solid IT skills and be technology savvy
- Confident, ambitious and works well under pressure.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to persevere and achieve goals
- Able to work quickly, flexibly, and effectively meeting deadlines and targets
- Be comfortable in client facing situations
- Able to work under own initiative without direction. The ability to prioritise and organise own workload in an effective and accurate manner, whilst working within broad guidelines
- Willingness and ability to undertake training needed to fulfil the changing requirements of the job
- Ability to be discrete and always maintain high levels of confidentiality
- The ability to learn and implement new skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade others
- Excellent computer skills using all Microsoft applications
- A highly successful and profitable Interpreting and Translating business.
- You will be joining small team, with ample room for progression to a Translation Project Manager.
- Translation Empire was Founded in 2005.
- We have a bank of over 10,000 Linguists who can translate in over 200+ language pairs.
- We service large contracts for Public Sector organisations across the UK.
- A salary to suit you - only wanting to attract the best
- A superb benefits package
- Local parking