Our client, a highly successful and growing food manufacturer, are looking to recruit a Site Manager for their site based in South West Scotland. Since the acquisition of the site, they have continued to grow and have successfully diversified their product range, supplying both branded and private label to the major retailers. The role
This is an integral role that offers full site responsibility across Production, Engineering, Technical, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Health & Safety and Forecasting with all stakeholders working together collaboratively.
The Plant Manager will focus on delivering the appropriate customer requirements both efficiently and cost effectively, alongside the development of a broader organisational improvement programme, which is key to moving the business towards its aim of being a World Class Food Company.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead and motivate a team of operational, technical and product development colleagues
- Engage all colleagues in a programme of lean manufacturing, identify methods and utilising tools and techniques to reduce waste and improve efficiencies
- Provide direction to the reporting departments to ensure that the production plan and customer requirements are fulfilled
- Successfully identify and manage KPIs which are aligned both to the UK business strategy and the sites production targets.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has a proven track record in optimising plant performance with their people and embedding a positive lean culture on site, with a collaborative but challenging approach.
Some of the key qualities and attributes we are looking for are:
- Experience in a plant management role within the food industry
- Collaborative approach to key stakeholder management
- Proven success managing site P&L
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience playing a proactive part in the wider business community of the local area