Our client is seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their company as a Part Time Accounts Assistant within a well established and close knit finance team based on the outskirts of Oxford, with parking on site.
Our client is a well established Oxford based organisation that offers an impressive benefits package, encourages a good work life balance and looks for staff who will become part of their work 'family' for the long term. They have parking on site in Botley, Oxford and are seeking someone to join their Finance team on 25 hours a week.
The Part Time Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Ensure that the financial transactions of the organisation are recorded in an accurate and timely manner, entering all purchase invoices onto Sage 200, linking to projects within Sage 200 and ensuring they are automatically transferred into the WAP online invoice approval system.
- Responding to internal and external queries in relation to the purchase invoices.
- Preparing the monthly payment run for approval by management and actioning any amendments or corrections required.
- Preparing ad-hoc payment requests if urgent payments are needed outside of the monthly payment run.
- Review aged purchase orders logged on the system and investigate so they can be cleared
- Reconcile Supplier statements
- Prepare the preparation of the accruals and prepayments journals as part of the month end process
- Assisting with monthly balance sheet reconciliations as required, investigating and clearing any differences as they occur.
- Work with the Accountant in the preparation of the monthly management accounts. Assist internal and external auditors in the work that they carry out on the company's systems and accounts
- Generate and issue recharge sales invoices on a regular basis. Perform a monthly reconciliation between the income and expenditure accounts.
- Process employee expense claims in accordance with the expense claim policy.
- Record company credit card transactions and ensure the balances are reconciled to the credit card statement on a monthly basis.
The successful Part Time Accounts Assistant will ideally have previous experience of operating a purchase ledger or comparable accounting function and have experience of working within a similar role or within a Finance office environment. The role will also require the successful candidate to have:
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- The ideal candidate will have current experience of using Sage 50/200 and a willingness to learn new systems. Full training on systems will be provided.
- Be self-motivated, prepared to initiate their own work and operate under minimal supervision, manage their own priorities and handling day to day financial transactions and resolving queries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing and with a wide range of people and organisations
The Part Time hours are 25 hours a week spread across 4 or ideally 5 days.
The salary range is between £25,00 and £29,000 pro rata depending on experience. The benefits package is extensive and includes 27 days holiday, 10% pension and private medical healthcare scheme.