Our client, a not-for-profit organisation focussed on influencing the improvement of people’s lives in Wales requires an organised and diligent office manager to join their team. The organisation has been established for 20 years and through significant growth now needs to hire additional resource.
This role will report into a dedicated and inspiring Director and line manage an experienced Finance Officer. As an experienced and professional individual, you will be responsible for ensuring the organisation operates efficiently and effectively, with the right systems, well-managed resources and significant impact. The role is wide-ranging, encompassing, HR, Finance, Marketing co-ordination, contract/database/systems management and general business administration.
The role would suit someone who has worked in a similar size organisation and enjoy working in a small team of dedicated individuals - who care passionately about their work. In return, the organisation can offer a flexible working week with a mix of home based and office working. The office is located in Merthyr Tydfil, with parking and public transport easily accessible.
This is a chance to work in a busy, varied and rewarding role in an organisation that aims and succeeds in making a real difference to the lives of the people of Wales.
- Implement and manage the organisation’s HR policies including recording annual leave, sickness and other absence; scheduling annual reviews and organising training; overseeing recruitment and establishing and managing systems as required.
- Manage all aspects of the Foundation’s premises and services including utilities, office supplies and stationery, health and safety, liaison with landlord etc.
- Manage the Organisation’s IT and related services and equipment.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office including managing incoming and outgoing post, dealing with phone and email enquiries and ensuring records (including paper and electronic files of all kinds) are safely and securely stored.
- Manage Board, board sub-groups and team meetings including arranging dates and attendance, preparing documentation, taking minutes and chasing action.
- Arranging meetings, travel and accommodation for the Director as required.
- Manage the Organisation’s compliance with data protection legislation including acting as its Data Protection Officer.
- Manage the finance function ensuring preparation of monthly reports, payroll and pension; obligations to HMRC.
- Managing the Organisation’s events programme including booking meetings and events (online and in person), managing invitations and responses, liaison with speakers and delegates, and providing practical and technical support during events.
- Managing the Organisation’s contacts database.
- Managing content on the website ensuring regular updating, consistent messaging and reporting of any issues.
- Managing the Organisation’s calendar of events and publications.
- Scheduling content on social media and monitoring responses.
- Co-ordinate the production of marketing materials including e-newsletters
- Managing the administration and development of the Organisation’s partner, subscribers and supporters schemes.
- Managing grants from Trusts and Foundations ensuring all requirements are fulfilled.
The Person Specification
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a similar role encompassing Finance, HR and business/office administration.
- Good numeracy and IT skills, specifically with the Microsoft Office programs Excel, Word, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Highly organised with a willingness to make improvements to current systems and procedures, appropriate to the needs of an organisation of this size.
- Ability to manage a diverse workflow effectively, with rational prioritisation of tasks and reliable on-time completion of key tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Clear written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a small team using tact and influencing skills.
- Proven ability as a credible communicator to a range of audiences.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary offered is up to £33,000 (FTE)
- NB: this role could be offered on a full or part time basis (4 or 5 days a week) and there is flexibility as to how these are worked.
- Generous pension scheme
- Agile working - 50% office and 50% home working
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising 2 each year up to maximum of 30)
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest please attach your CV and a brief covering note.