RoslinCT is looking for two driven individuals to join us in the fast-paced, hands-on role of Material Transfer Associate.We are a world-leading contract manufacturing and development organisation, specialising in the field of cellular therapies, advanced therapeutic medicinal products and regenerative medicine.
We have embarked on an exciting period of growth and are now recruiting across all our teams to support our expansion, including these new Material Transfer Associate positions.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will work across the Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams supporting the Manufacturing, Development and Quality Control of cell and gene therapies. You will be responsible for performing material handling and waste handling procedures including material picking, kit creation, material inspection and Liquid Nitrogen handling all to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards. The ideal candidate will enjoy fast paced, hands-on work and have experience working to GMP.
You will be responsible for performing a range of activities in support of the manufacture of our cell and gene therapy products, including matieral picking, material handling and housekeeping activities, and as such your responsibilities will be varied but will include;
- Supporting the manufacture of cell and gene therapies and advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) according to GMP within a controlled cleanroom environment.
- Receiving, tracking and fulfilling material requests through carrying out picking of materials as required in line with GMP to create kits required for Manufacturing.
- Delivery of said kits to the Manufacturing area.
- Processing, handling and disposal of biological laboratory waste in line with approved standard operating procedures.
- Performing controlled cleaning of VHP handling units and equipment in accordance with approved standard operating procedures.
- Performing stock checks of Manufacturing consumables and materials alongside the wider Supply Chain team, as well as inventory management in line with Manufacturing schedules.
- Entry, organisation and management of information related to materials in the computerised inventory management system.
- Placing and processing Purchase Orders and checking of associated documentation.
- Handling of potentially hazardous materials including Liquid Nitrogen. Operating of scientific equipment including biological incubators, air flow cabinets and storage vessels.
- Assisting Manufacturing Biotechnologists during cell and gene therapy processing including transfer of materials into the Manufacturing area in a GMP compliant manner.
- Maintenance of the material warehouse, automated equipment and the receiving dock in iinspection-ready state.
- Providing support for out of hours, weekend and overtime cover as required. It is anticipated you will work approximately one Saturday in every three.
A key part of working at RoslinCT is being able to embody our company values, which are integral to the work we do here. As such, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Ability to support a 'one team’ approach
- Great communication
- Commitment to personal growth and development
- Accountability for your work
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience working within a GMP, or similarly controlled scientific environment in a similar role, is desirable although not essential.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company delivering life-changing therapies, we can offer:
- Company Pension: RoslinCT will contribute 5% for the first year of joining the scheme with an increase of 1% per year until a maximum of 8% is reached, with a 3% Employee contribution.
- Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Employee Discounts on Food & Drink, Electricals, Entertainment and Supermarkets.
- Access to RoslinCT's Group Life Cover at 3x Salary, Health4All Cash Plan and Employee Assistance Wellness Programme.
- Competitive Annual Leave Allowance: 31 days, plus 4 Public Holidays across Christmas with an extra day from 3 years' service and a further day from 5 years' service.
- Company Events: Our Social Committee brings regular social events across the business.
- Dress Down Fridays.
We are based at Edinburgh BioQuarter, which acts as a hub for Scottish Life Science with close links to the University and the Royal Infirmary.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm. It is anticipated that you will additionally work approximately one Saturday in every three, and provide support for out of hours, weekend and overtime cover as required.