Welsh Speaking IT Technician, £14 per hour, based in Swansea, 3 months+
Your new company
You will be working for is one of Wales' leading independent economic development companies. As well as delivering business support programmes and services on behalf of national and regional organisations, Your new company works with commercial clients to design and deliver services in areas such a business support, entrepreneurship and innovation to develop and grow their businesses.
Your new role
- Work closely with the IT team to provide high-quality IT services
- Provide comprehensive support to staff, responding professionally to enquiries as required
- Provide support to the IT Assistants with escalated enquiries
- Support staff to adopt and use new technology, arranging and/or providing training and knowledge transfer as required
- Work closely with the IT Operations Manager to install and maintain all IT systems, machines and equipment, including creating and managing user accounts and the company's network
- Develop and maintain IT systems and equipment with the relevant software and hardware, including implementing, testing and evaluating developments across the company and within individual projects
- Support the maintenance of the company's servers and networks, providing virtual, physical, onsite and/or cloud-based solutions, including essential security levels, e.g. firewalls, endpoint security, managing and logging access, managing software updates etc.
- Actively contribute to IT projects and lead on allocated development packages
- Work closely with the IT Operations Manager to identify, test and evaluate continuous improvements in the company's IT systems and operations
- Contribute to the development of bilingual IT policies and documentation in-line with relevant legislation, standards and good practice, and advise and help staff on their correct interpretation and implementation, including creating easy to follow training materials
- Work closely with the IT team to secure the company's data, working to reduce the risk of data loss, accidental destruction and data theft
- Assist the IT Operations Manager to ensure that the company succeeds in maintaining the Cyber Essentials Plus standard within timescales
- Oversee and organise work undertaken by the IT Assistants in the absence of the IT Operations Manager, with a key focus on supporting their development
- Visit the company's other offices as necessary to install, maintain and solve any issues
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent bilingual communication skills (Welsh/English) both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of modern and emerging technologies, including security technologies, and how they can be applied to specific business purposes
- Full driving license and the use of a car for business purposes
- Demonstrable experience of working and succeeding in an IT role with technical responsibilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.