Flexible - any PIB office across the UK
The Software Development Team lead role sits within the newly formed central application development team within PIB Group. The team is responsible for development of external facing commercial applications as well as building bespoke internal solutions for the business.
This role is a hands-on role where the chosen candidate will be involved in the full lifecycle of the software delivery using the Agile/Scrum methodology - design, development, test and support.
The team lead needs to guarantee that the solution is compliant with the PIB’s architecture strategy and principles along with the security and business requirements.
This role will require both creative and collaborative working with wider IT, product management, data and analytics team, business change and the wider business teams.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Team Leadership - Lead the team from the front by being hands-on in designing and delivering of the applications. Carry out the required line management tasks as specified by the PIB Group HR like resource/task management, mentoring, career development etc.
- Application Design: Be directly responsible for the application solution design using modelling techniques.
- Application development: Hands-on cross-functional, full-stack development of the application code.
- Code-reviews: Be a Subject Matter Expert and owner of a part of whole of the product/module. Carry out code reviews of the team members.
- Collaborate across departments: This role will need strong collaboration skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the PIB Group. The successful candidate will work closely with the product managers, developers, data analyst and operational support team.
- Compliance: Ensure that the design and code is aligned with PIB’s Architecture/Strategy and security principles.
Education and Industry
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems would be advantageous.
- A strong experience in Rental Property and Tenant Referencing industry is highly desirable.
- Strong experience of carrying out application design and modelling using UML modelling tools like Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Good understanding of .NET Core framework, microservice architecture and containerization.
- Strong experience in T-SQL, SQL, JSON, XML and database design.
- Strong experience in DEVOPS tools and techniques.
- Good experience in programming and scripting using Python, scala and Java would be advantageous.
Interpersonal Skills and Characteristics
- Strong experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Required to be highly creative and collaborative. An ideal candidate would be expected to collaborate with both the business and IT teams to define the business problem, refine the requirements, and design and develop application deliverables accordingly. The successful candidate will also be required to have regular discussions with the product managers, business stakeholders and architects.
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has good judgment, a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity.
Full job spec attached
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.