Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse.
As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector.
The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The Day Job
The Senior Solutions Architect will act as part of a team that defines the solutions architecture for medium to large scale, complex, medium risk or specialised assignments or pre-sales assignments that may lead to major lead to major downstream revenue opportunities. Alternatively, the Senior Solutions Architect will define the solutions architecture for small to medium scale, complex, low to medium risk assignments or pre-sales assignments.
1.2 Level Descriptor:
Individuals have a direct influence on profitability either as managers or as experts in a particular field. The field can relate to a variety of areas such as knowledge of a particular industry, technology, product, profession or skills area such as sales, account management or purchasing. Individuals could be contributors with specialist expertise or responsibility for the management of others. Roles at this level will typically be responsible for the provision of advice on policy implementation through such activities as scenario planning or resource modelling to inform strategic choices in decision making. The consequences of decision making would be operationally focused within a strategic framework.
- Defines scope and deliverables for assignments with 'client’ (may be internal or external) for the definition and execution of solutions architectures to integrate all of a client’s requirements
- Takes responsibility for the integrity of the solution areas that are his/her responsibility
- Delivers assignment in accordance with agreed scope, time, financial and quality measures
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners)
- Completes assignment review with 'client’ at the end of each and every assignment (or six monthly for long term assignments)
- Actively promotes SSCL and Sopra Steria consulting, application management, business process and IT-outsourcing services.
- Seeks and gains recognition outside SSCL within 'specialist areas’ by active involvement in industry / specialist groups that develops recognition of Company’s
- capability that is transferable into sales opportunities
- Tracks market trends and competitor activities in 'specialist areas’ and ensure this data is utilised for the ongoing service development
- Shares personal knowledge of 'specialist areas’ through 'special interest groups’ and other forums.
- To identify and manage risk in his/her business activities and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner
Position Specifications (Knowledge, Skill and Experience):
- Ability to define and analyse user requirements and advise customers on scope and options for business and operational improvements.
- Ability to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Prepares and delivers briefings and presentations for project teams,
- management and customers as appropriate.
- Takes initiative to keep own skills up to date and to maintain awareness of developments in enterprise architecture and the IS/IT industry.
- The Senior Solutions Architect will have good working knowledge across four of the five POPIT (Process, Organisation, People, Information, Technology) channel
- disciplines and sound working knowledge of two.
- Demonstrable experience of working as the Solution Owner on bids and programmes of any size.
- Understanding of the application and use of solutions architecture
- Impact of architecture on the business - the business benefits
- Modelling, analysis and design techniques and approaches
- Industry best practice in the business/solutions architecture space
- Produce solution architecture
- Define solution performance and specify requirements
- Produce stakeholder focused models of the solution
- Produce detailed high level design models for the appropriate POPIT channels
- Define overall solution architecture test approach / strategy
- Define overall solution architecture acceptance test criteria
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (especially Sales, Marketing and Service)
- Microsoft Power Platform including Portals, Automate and CDS data models
- Microsoft Azure (especially APIM, Logic Apps, Functions, Service Bus, ADF)
- Master Data Management design and deployment
- Agile Architecture practices (SAFe or similar)
- Archimate Modelling tools (Archi/BiZZDesign) or equivalent
Full time - permanent,
Location - UK Remote
Security Clearance Level - must be willing to obtain SC
Internal Recruiter- Josh
Benefits Bonus, £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund