Role - Digital Architect
Location - Manchester - Fully remote
Duration - 6 months
Specifically focusing on Digital transformation and direction, as a Digital Architect, you will lead the SME Mobile aspects of the Banks digital strategy and execution. You will have the ability to operate in both agile and waterfall methodologies defining the change needed (in the form of design decisions, project designs, roadmaps and/or technology selection) to meet stated business outcomes and align to the banks IT strategy. Additionally, you will offer forward thinking within the digital space road-mapping the direction of architecture strategies for the Bank.
- Be a thought leader in digital technologies, develop and own the architecture of the domain and projects you work on
- Support engineers to design services for our customers and colleagues and deliver our Technology strategy
- Make key architectural decisions impacting individual designs, the wider portfolio or the longer term strategy
- Translate business requirements and strategy into designs and roadmaps which align to the bank's standard and principles
- Be an active member of the banks architecture community participating in design review and governance processes
- Co-ordinate and direct all IT design activity to ensure the solution is coherent and deliverable
- Lead resources involved in design elements including 3rd parties and other internal bank resources
- Select and propose suitable technologies and manage their approval through bank governance processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of working within a regulated industry
- Strong consulting and influencing skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, both written and oral, within the business and IT strategy areas.
- A good working knowledge of architecture frameworks and models (e.g. Systems Engineering, TOGAF)
- Experience of projects with significant integration challenges. Deep understanding of integration approaches and technologies
- Extensive experience of at least one technical architecture discipline (application, data or infrastructure), some knowledge of others
- Considerable experience in senior roles on major application development, systems integration or infrastructure projects (e.g. application architect, technical architect, lead designer, lead developer)
- Extensive experience of developing software and/or building infrastructure components on medium to large-scale distributed projects
- Experience of managing and reviewing 3rd party activities and outputs
- Technical leadership for the delivery of Digital projects, particularly in SME Mobile
**Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
- Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
- Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer