Incident Manager – Swindon
Incident Manager required on a permanent basis for a globally expanding, fast paced and dynamic organization at HQ based in Swindon. As an Incident Manager, you will lead a team who collectively deliver a world class seamless 24/7 IT Service Operation support, by effective system monitoring and providing a professional and highly engaged, technically able, workforce. As an Incident Manager, you can expect to receive the following remuneration:
- Basic salary of up to £35,000
- Shift Allowance of 20% (2-2-3-2-2-3 Rotating days / nights)
- Annual Bonus of 10%
- 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Medical Cover
As an Incident Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Lead a team of 1st and 2nd Line Technical Support Analysts >12, responsible for pastoral care and ensuring best practice and a professional service is maintained to meet, and exceed, our client’s expectations. (As part of a 24/7 Support organisation offering).
- Support and develop your shift team to achieve the highest level of client service.
- Assess and build action/development plans for current & future technology knowledge & skills that are required for you and your team to succeed in Service Delivery.
- Optimise Support ticket/work flows in line with Support Standards and Procedures to deliver a high and consistence performance from your team and each team member, whilst also committing to the adherence of the client SLA.
- Take the lead position during Major Incidents, when on shift, delivering a systematic and measured approach during all serious incidents, focusing on the coordination, communication, facilitation & collaboration.
- Ensuring successful monitoring of all Platforms and operational tools, in the pursuit of maximum up-time/availability in line with the agreed SLA.
- Proactively identify any potential disruption to any or all products & services for our clients.
- Manage client escalations during shift, as well as ensuring your entire team regularly communicates internally and externally on all issues and live tickets.
- Resolve a range of complex issues quickly and smoothly, taking ownership for all tickets, including longer-term issues, through to successful resolution and with a primary goal of identifying the Root Cause so that reported problems will not reoccur.
- To work collaboratively alongside other Team Managers’ supporting and contributing to operationally focused projects providing requirements for successful implementation.
To apply for the Incident Manager vacancy, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Demonstratable experience of leadership
- Demonstratable problem solving and ownership skills
- SQL - experience in writing and using SQL queries
- Unix – Ability to navigate file system and interrogate/edit files
- Experience in the implementation of large-scale complex IT solutions for multi-functional, multi-national organizations
- Experience in the definition and design of complex solutions
- Experience in building and selling business cases for complex
If you meet the criteria for the Incident Manager vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.