A HSE Advisor is required for a world-class business manufacturing business in East Yorkshire. Supplying bespoke products into varied industries, the business is at the forefront of research and development into material science. Due to department investment, this business are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic HSE Advisor to add value to the department.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Attend and present at H&S representative meetings.
* Conduct monthly risk assessments to identify hazards and/or opportunities for improvement, periodically reviewing and maintaining accurate records.
* Consider and suggest how risks can be remedied/eliminated; creating actions plans; sharing suggestions and outcomes with line manager and key stakeholders within agreed timescales.
* Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
* Conduct regular site inspections and investigations to ensure the adherence and compliance of policies and procedures and H&S legislation.
* Consult with the Training Lead to design, deliver and source specific and timely H&S training, including delivering the H&S Induction for new starters, Hazard Near Miss Training; organizing Fire Safety and First Aid; to embed a safety culture across all sites.
* Staying up to date on all Health & Safety Executive (HSE) legislation with focus on industry sector development.
I'm keen to speak to individuals with the following skillset:
* Minimum NEBOSH Certificate
* Proven experience in a manufacturing environment
* An effective communicator able to positively influence
* Ideally be a Corporate Member of IOSH or actively working towards it (e.g. GradOSH)
This is an outstanding opportunity for a progressive HSE Advisor to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period.
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call us.
Elevation Recruitment Group's Engineering & Manufacturing division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions.