Technical Manager required for a well-estabilished manufacturer based in the Sittingbourne area. Our client manufacture a range of Material Handling Solutions, and supply a range of industries worldwide. This will be the prime technical / engineering role within the company. You will be leading and managing the operation of all technical and engineering functions and efficiently managng the technical office. You will be setting long and short-term engineering objetives supported by stategy to contuniously improve the production of superior products at competitive prices. You will be working closely with the managing director and manufacturing manager. You will also be contributing to the WBCL management team.
Technical Manager - Conveyors Position Overview
- Lead, manage, mentor and improve the efficient operation of the combined CTO (Conveyor Technical Office) and TEO (Technical & Engineering Office).
- Contribute to the efficient and profitable running of the company
- Create and manage the annual yearly budget for the technical office
- As a member of the Company Health and Safety team, assist in the continuous improvement of Health and Safety throughout the company.
- Estimate project and task hours and manage work through the company processes
- Continuously develop, manage and deliver new process and plant development strategies
- Lead the design, development and improvement of bespoke machinery
- Provide technical and engineering support
- Lead and Manage CTO personnel to ensure that conveyor system orders are planned, scheduled, monitored and project managed efficiently
- Contribute to the growth of the conveyor division
- Manage the design, development and improvement of conveyor systems and accessories
- Ensure conveyors comply with Health, safety, hygienic legislation and guidelines including the Machinery Directive, CE and UKCA requirements
- Be the in-house expert for matters concerning legislation, certification, standards, best practice and directives
- Lead the quality team and ensure the continued operation and maintenance of the ISO9001 QAS
- Support IT team
Technical Manager - Conveyors Position Requirements
- Working as a Technical Manager/Director or Chief Engineer - leading and developing an engineering team and managing departmental budgets and staff.
- Working at Senior management or Board level contributing to company operation, finance and company development - 5 years minimum.
- The food processing sector - applying hygienic design principles and related certification/regulations applicable in UK, Europe and USA.
- The design of special purpose machines, 8 years minimum.
- Managing and using CAD systems, including the ability to produce manufacturing drawings. - 5 years CAD experience, preferably 2D/3D CAD Autodesk Inventor and Vault.
- Adapting and applying principles of lean manufacture in the production/manufacturing environment together with a good record of accomplishment in change management.
Technical Manager - Conveyors Position Remuneration
- 28 days Annual Leave including bank holidays (increases with service)
- Millenium holiday payment - every ten years an employee is entitled to an extra two weeks holiday which we encourage to be taken in a block i.e. adding on to some of their Annual entitlement so they may for example have a month off work - which gives a nice break from work and the opportunity to do something special with the time.
- Manager's Company Annual Bonus Scheme - depending on the performance / profit of the Company (This is non-contractual)
- Flexible Cash scheme - eligible for enrolment in this scheme after completion of 3 months service. Following completion of 5 years' service employees are eligible for Enhanced Flexible Cash funding.
- Discretionary Company Sick pay scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Employee Counselling Service
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.