Vacancy: Yard Team Leader
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Rate and benefits: £10.50 per hour, 33 days’ annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), stakeholder pension plus other benefits
Vacancy type and shifts: Permanent opportunity, full time, 40 hours per week, rotating shifts (06:00 - 14:30 and 09:00 - 17:30)
Due to the opening of a brand new BCA fulfilment centre in Bristol in January 2021, we are looking to recruit a number of Yard Team Leaders to join us and help build this exciting opportunity.
BCA delivers a diverse range of high-quality automotive services. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and product delivery, with large state of the art workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards.
The purpose of this role will be to assist the Yard Manager in ensuring that all vehicles, once they have entered the site, are stored, moved, and parked on site in accordance with the Company’s requirements.
Role and Responsibilities:
Duties will include but not be limited to;
- Assist in the storage, parking and booking in of all vehicles on site and the movement of vehicles around the site’s compound
- Lead a team of Yard Operatives and manage their workload
- Ensure vehicles enter and leave the compound in accordance with the notified delivery times
- Ensure that all vehicles in the Yard are correctly located and that all documentation associated with the Yard is accurately completed
- Ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety standards and practices are adhered to in the Yard area by both Company workers and by collection agents
- Train and develop the yard department staff to ensure that all employees are competent in their duties
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved in a timely fashion to all parties’ satisfaction
- Ensure all company equipment including, handhelds, trade plates and yard vehicles are maintained in a serviceable condition
- A flexible approach to working hours is required to meet the needs of the business
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Computer literate (Excel skills are desirable)
- Must hold a Full Valid UK Driving Licence
- Team Leader/Management experience
- Must be happy working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Industry experience
Please apply along with a copy of your CV.