An exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest house builders. The South West Division, located in Bristol is looking to recruit a Development Coordinator to join the Division’s Technical team.
The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This includes responsibility for researching the best materials, at the best cost. In terms of design, there are a variety of house types on our sites, all of which come with their unique challenges to solve.
Most of the employees employed within these teams have either an architectural or engineering background, and this role will offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Development Manager.
Principal accountabilities of the Development Coordinator role include:
• Oversee the production of working drawing and detail information making sure that is completed to a high standard and available on time.
• Provide technical support as procurement, sales stage, construction, and post construction.
• Oversee all technical aspects of sites under control and ensure that they are running as smoothly as possible and highlight any issues or concerns with the Development Manager.
• Assess planning information for obvious building regulations requirements such as a means of escape, unprotected areas, underground ventilation, and other given criteria at an early stage.
• Instigate the selection of materials for the buildings as indicated in the working drawings on a plot-by-plot basis at an early stage.
• Formally appoint consultants in line with Group policies and procedures.
• Coordinate drawings to ensure that architectural and engineering drawings are consistent with each other.
• Attend regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.
For this role the candidate will ideally have
• Experience of working as a Technical / Development Coordinator within construction / housebuilding and with experience of running numerous projects at one time.
• Knowledge of building regulations, the planning system and code for sustainable homes.
• HNC/HND in a building related topic
• CSCS card or equivalent
In return we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Competitive annual bonus
• Company car or car allowance
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
Interested? Please send your CV to or call me on