The People Technology Analyst will be responsible for supporting the ongoing management of people-based technology including configuration, release management, implementation, integrations, testing, launching and supporting new projects.
They will have deep system knowledge of various HR systems including Oracle Fusion for HCM and Payroll and Cornerstone on Demand. They will take the lead for complex system administration changes and roll out of future functionality.
The role will work as part of a team to ensure the benefit of new technology is maximised, working with other areas such as People Operations to ensure data quality in People Systems is accurate. The role will seek to maximise our technology investment but also to ensure that data integrity is retained. They will also seek out opportunities to further automate processes to improve productivity and employee experience.
The role will also provide technical support to colleagues delivering defined HR business processes and supporting all people-based systems. Providing data analysis, identifying trends and developing better ways of serving our clients this will be the "go to role" for system updates, changes, support and administration.
You will be responsible for…
- Providing support to the implementation of changes to our People based systems (both current and new) including implementation and configuration, integrations, user acceptance testing and supporting deployment both within ODP and the business.
- Taking the lead of the integrity of our data within systems, influencing all other services, users and working in a matrix way with People Operations. Ensure that we maintain a clean dataset enabling a far greater use of our data for future organisational planning.
- Expertly using our supplier's customer portals and contribute to the community of practice to provide new ideas for product development, connect with other local authorities and share best practice on the configuration of our systems.
- The provision of expert support to other professional users (e.g. Essex Social Care Academy) to ensure an optimal use of the systems.
- Proactively recommending, supporting and embracing changes across the council and assist in implementing innovative/continuous improvement and change management interventions as a result of changing people technology configuration and upgrades
- Delivering of support infrastructure for recruitment, learning, performance management, Core HR and Payroll technology as well as the administration of any business-related processes to these areas. They will manage the issue resolution process with key partners such as Oracle and Cornerstone.
- Creating and delivering a robust testing framework across all people technology solutions (across multiple platforms) ensuring that each system is fully integrated and delivers its functional requirements including operational robustness. Monitor data, trends and employee feedback about things that aren't working and seek to address them.
- Delivering a great customer experience for colleagues across the council, managing user feedback and feeding that into a continuous action plan of system improvements. Lead on the release management deliverables for Oracle and Cornerstone on demand.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- In depth knowledge of managing HR systems including release management, impact assessments and integrations as well as dependencies, regression testing and defect management.
- Expert in the administration of Cornerstone on Demand AND/OR Oracle Fusions (HCM and payroll), professional certification in the management of these systems would be preferred
- Strong, mixed experience of Agile project management, change management and robust stakeholder management.
- Builds effective working relationships with colleagues and customers across the entire organisation, which are collaborative to deliver good process, practice and advice.
- Advanced IT skills including MS Word, Advanced MS Excel is essential including data science and reconfiguration skills and experience, with a high level of attention to detail. Analyst level experience with an overall understanding of data architecture.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.