Commercial Analyst / Business Partner
6 months FTC
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
West Yorkshire / Some Home working
Join this fantastic FMCG who are looking to add to their Finance Department. The role is a fixed term contract but there is a strong possibility it will go permanent for the right candidate.
Acting as a trade analyst and strategic business partner to the Commercial Sales Team and Controllers. Providing key business support to manage and control revenue recognition in your area and help to identify financial risks and opportunities as they become apparent. Producing relevant financial business intelligence including routine reports and ad hoc analysis as required, and providing financial assessment of customer facing investment (pre and post evaluation) to ensure optimum returns for the business.
- Ensure accurate revenue recognition, reporting and forecasting.
- Anticipate pricing changes
- Review and challenge Trade Agreements and Claims on the system against expectations and ensure they are supported by the appropriate documentation or approvals.
- Rigorous ongoing accruals reviews to ensure that our revenue recognition is as accurate as possible and our balance sheet is not over or understating our liabilities at any point in time.
- Support the Commercial Sales Teams and Controllers as required.
- Responsible for minimising Customer audit claims
- Develop relevant reporting/ analysis to add value add value and aid continuous improvement in the function.
- To review and assess risks and opportunities by Customer with actions required to mitigate risks
- To provide commercial support for validating and assessing the effectiveness of customer facing investment - including assisting in the initial development of Joint Business Plans/Trading Agreements/Specific Investment
- Work to standardise and automate where possible to reduce repetitive tasks and maintain current SOPs and training documentation for all activities in the function. Support the induction and training of new members of the Commercial and Finance Teams.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant
- Ideally experience built up in a fast paced environment such as FMCG, Retail, Manufacturing or Food Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills.