About the role
Working as part of a highly engaged and dedicated team at Sunrise, the Deputy Manager is one of the key roles within our communities. As Deputy Manager you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Deputy Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that through clinical governance and leadership the care, health and safety of all residents is effectively assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated.About you
As Deputy Manager, you will be an experienced leader, who has the ability to motivate and engage team members. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve the highest standards of clinical care by providing clear expectations, ensuring best practice and leading by example. You will be responsible for auditing, analysing trends and ensuring ongoing upskilling of team members.
A key to success in this role is the proven ability to understand and meet the expectations of relevant authorities such as the Care Quality Commission, Social services and the Safeguarding teams.
Key things about you;
What we will give you
- Qualified RGN/ RMN with a valid NMC pin
- Proven experience in a Health & Social Care setting with older people
- Previous experience of leading a team - you will be managing large care teams
- Excellent knowledge of CQC regulations and compliance requirements
- Great written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
- Good IT skills and confidence in computer based work
- Flexible in working – you will be required to work weekends (1 in 4 potentially) and conduct night visits to enhance the service provided across 24 hours and meet with your teams regularly.
As well as a competitive salary we offer some great benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- NMC Revalidation Support
- Ongoing career training and development
- A fantastic range of discounts and offers from many high street/ online retailers
- Workplace Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Recognising great work through our ‘Heart & Soul’ awards scheme
- Wellbeing services, financial loans and more.
We’re also committed to helping you progress and grow, with regular training and supervision, development opportunities and study support. If you want to build a successful career in care, we’re the best place to start.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at a Sunrise care home click hereHow to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the ‘apply now’ button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.
Salary is dependent on experience.