My client, a large established, manufacturing company based in Rotherham are currently looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team. This role will be 70% purchasing and will involve some administration work as well. The responsibilities of the role will include raising purchase orders, expediting and provide support to the business with administrative tasks.
The job role:
- Creating Purchase Orders; Subcontract, consumables, Raw Material, Tooling and Transport.
- Expediting Purchase Orders and keeping delivery date records up to date to satisfy reports.
- Answering Main switchboard.
- Front of house and office duties.
- Booking training courses, eye tests, van service.
- Booking and arranging travel and transport, and social events.
- Co-ordination of paperwork/travel/hotels for any events and shows the company is attending.
- Previous experience of MRP systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Proficient numerical skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload to keep the manufacturing facility running smoothly.
- Ability to communicate across all levels within our organisation and with external suppliers.
- Company Pension of 10%
- Holiday to service entitlement. Accrue an extra day’s holiday per two years’ service (capped at 5 days)
- Holiday exchange scheme (buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash Health Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy Technology Scheme
- Monthly company raffle of £100
At A for Appointments, we are committed to equal opportunities for everyone. We embrace diversity and believe that a balanced, inclusive workforce is crucial to our business. We do not tolerate discrimination, harassment or bullying towards any candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.