Job Title: Office Manager / EA
Location: Gateshead Office (Flexible approach to remote working)
Salary: £18-22k dep exp
Concept Personnel is a 20 years' established boutique style recruitment agency specialising in the Digital, Creative and Marketing sector. We have an HQ in Gateshead and 2 other satellite offices in Edinburgh and Milton Keynes. We're looking to grow our team with the addition of a full-time permanent Office Manager / EA who will be a lynchpin of administration within our North East office.
The successful candidate will be a super organised, self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude. The role is varied so we're looking for someone who enjoys the buzz of a busy office where no two days are ever the same. Bonus points if you have any experience or understanding of the Digital, Marketing and Creative sectors.
- General admin and reception duties such as answering the phone, greeting visitors, ordering stationery and keeping the fridge stocked.
- Picking up sales enquiries via our website and new candidate registrations and filtering them to the appropriate person
- Keeping track of staff holidays and sickness records.
- Basic book-keeping using Sage Line 50. Data entry, producing reports, liaising with the accountant, chasing up overdue invoice payments.
- Payroll administration including handling third party procurement companies.
- Administration of our job board suppliers and being first point of contact for them.
- Writing job adverts from job descriptions and posting job ads.
- Handling any requests for candidate screening requirements such as criminal record checks or Right to Work checks.
- Assisting with candidate resourcing on an ad hoc basis.
- Maintaining the IT and telephone system with the relevant suppliers.
- Assisting with updating the website with things like adding to the blog.
- Ensuring all staff have the correct IT equipment.
- Liaising with the IT company to ensure all IT is the best it can be.
- Any other adhoc office admin duties as they arise.
- Experience running a small but very busy office.
- Experience in a similar Admin or Office Manager role.
- Sage Line 50 or similar finance software experience, any payroll experience a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with excellent grammar. (It will really help if you can touch-type.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Can-do attitude.
- Flexible working with a mix of home-based and office-based working.
- Our holiday allowance is 28 days and we close between Christmas and New Year so you get extra free holidays for that.
- Extra holidays for length of service.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Social events.
And finally... We pride ourselves on the way we conduct our business. We hold our values at the core of Concept Personnel. Honesty, Caring, Trust, Good ethics, Tenacity. We run slightly differently from a regular high street recruitment business; We do not run a sales office. However, we do run a busy recruitment business where people are our product, so you will need to have a good sense of humour, a good degree of resilience and be able to occasionally laugh in the face of adversity. This is an opportunity to join a well-reputed business in a role that you can very much make your own, taking on as much responsibility as you like.
Click apply and send us your CV and one of our recruitment consultants will get in touch to arrange an initial informal chat.