Our client is a long established privately owned business with a strong history of supplying high quality products to a range of International customers. They currently have an opportunity available for a Company Accountant to join their team based in Gateshead on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the day to day processing of the Sales & Purchase Ledgers covering all transactional data and liaison with customers and supplies in order to ensure complete and accurate management accounts reporting at month end.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Processing of internal purchase requisitions
- Processing delivery notes and job sheets matching to purchase requisition
- Reconciliation of monthly supplier statements
- Daily generation and distribution of sales invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit control assessment
- Processing Month end cut off and reporting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for joint review with the FD including balance sheet reconciliations and analytical review
- Calculation and posting of all accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Cover for weekly payroll when necessary
You will be an experienced qualified or QBE Company Accountant with excellent communication skills and an analytical mindset.
Other requirements include:
- Be a confident self-starter
- Experience within Manufacturing or an SME will be preferred
- Have strong IT skills including Excel
- Have a high standard of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail