Acorn is currently recruiting for a QA Technician on an initial 6-month temporary contract.
Based in Liverpool, Merseyside, L21 postcode. This client has been named as one of the world's most ethical companies; it has one of the most extensive agricultural operations in the UK. Including one of the UK's largest import and distribution business of non-grain feed ingredients.
Shift and Salary Information
* Shifts between 0600 and 1700 Mon to Fri paid at £9.50 per hour
* 1 in every 3 Saturdays required (0600-1000) paid at £14.25 per hour
* Bank holidays may be required (0600-1000) paid at £19.00 per hour.
* Temp (6 months)
Duties include but are not limited to;
Reporting to the NW Technical Manager, the main duties of this role will include: to ensure that all product meets required specification from intake through to customer delivery.
* Work within the companies Safety and Health guidelines
* Monitor product quality to ensure it meets required parameters from intake through to customer delivery
* Create and issue certificates for customers
* Assist QA Supervisor in maintaining laboratory testing equipment
* Maintaining the hygiene standard of the lab
* Ensure Central Technical Function receive samples required
* Liaise with Wheat Department on claims and independent testing requirements
* Work closely with other departments on site
* Efficient and accurate data entry to company database
* Monitor and investigate customer complaints using company system
* Assist NW Technical Manager in audit process.
* GCSE level - Maths and English
* No experience required
* This role would be suitable for a school/ university leaver looking for full time employment.
How to Apply
* Apply via the advert, click 'APPLY NOW'
* Email your CV to
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.